Theatre Program Purpose and Goals
The Theatre Program offers studies and activities for a Bachelor of Arts degree that prepares students for professional careers in theatre as artists and/or educators, theatre-related activities, or graduate work in theatre. The Program also serves the broader purpose of contributing to the cultural enrichment of PVAMU through its offerings in the arts.
Theatre Program Goals and Objectives
- To offer students the courses and training necessary for work as professionals in theatre, for graduate study in theatre or related fields and for careers as theatre teachers.
- To provide students with the leadership, and practical experience necessary for the achievement of excellence in theatre through the presentation of recitals, student projects, performing arts troupes and the Charles Gilpin Players.
- To develop the students’ understanding of theatre history, development and practice as it reflects various cultures and societies.
- To provide non-theatre majors to with general theatre education and instruction.
- To educate and expose the PVAMU and the surrounding communities to a broad range of theatre by presenting diverse performances and productions for cultural enhancement.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.