Note: Our webpage is currently under construction. Please check back frequently for updates.
The Music Program offers curricula in music, applied music, and music education. The curricula in applied music prepares one for a career in musical performance, while the all-level music teacher certification is intended for those seeking careers in music teaching. It is designed for those seeking a broad-based education with a concentration in music.
The objectives of the Music Program are:
1. To prepare students for professional careers in music and for graduate study in music.
2. To provide effective musical experiences in an educational environment that stimulates academic and musical development. These experiences include solo and ensemble performance experiences.
3. To transmit to students the heritage of Western music through studies in music history and literature, theory, applied music and performances in recitals.
4. To present musical performances on the university campus for cultural enhancement.
5. To provide general music instruction to non-music majors at the university.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.