Professor of Mathematics
PhD, Mathematics, University of Houston, 1973
MS, Texas Southern University, 1957
BS, Texas Southern University, 1955
National Institute of Science
Pi Mu Epsilon Honorary Mathematics Society
Sigma Xi Honor Society
Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
Beta Kappa Chi Honorary Scientific Society
Association of Women in Mathematics
American Mathematical Society (AMS)
American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Using the Monte Carlo method to define the skip-out boundary for an orbital vehicle (with M. K. Diogu), Transactions of NIS, 1986.
- Generating an infinite class of convergent series via a divergent series (with V. Onu), Transactions of NIS, 1985.
- Generating Pythagorean triples via matrices (with T. Trahan), Transactions of NIS, 1981.
- Fixed points via contractions (with J. M. Williams), Faculty Journal Volume II, 1977.
- Generalized Vietoris-Begle Theorems, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Houston, 1973.
Evelyn E. Thornton
Prairie View A&M University
P. O. Box 519-MS 2225
Prairie View, TX 77446-0519
Last Updated: January 31, 2007
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.