Dr. Laurette B. Foster
Professor of Mathematics
EdD, Mathematics Education (Curriculum & Instruction), University of Houston, 1977
MS, Mathematics Education, Virginia State College, 1973
BS, Mathematics, Virginia State College, 1971
National Association of Mathematicians (NAM)
Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
Beta Kappa Chi
National Institute of Science
American Association of University Women
Phi Delta Kappa International Educational Fraternity
Research Association of Minority Professors
National Association of Women in Mathematics
Benjamin Banneker Association
Selected Recent Publications:
- The Power to Learn: Strategies for Success (Developing Good Study Habit Skills), White, White, Foster, and Echols, Thomson Publishers, 2006.
- Contemporary College Algebra, Don Small, Editorial Board, McGraw Hill, 1999.
- Goals and Content-the First Two Years, Proceedings, United States Military Academy, West Point, 1999.
- Interdisciplinary Lively Application Project, “Circuit Analysis,” Foster, Maddox, Hill-Natter, Published by COMAP, 1997.
- The Effects of Teacher Notes on the Relationship between Attitude and Mathematical Performance of Pre-College Students (Foster, Hawkins and Foster), Presented at the Research Association of Minority Professors Conference, 1984.
Laurette B. Foster
Prairie View A&M University
P. O. Box 519-MS 2225
Prairie View, TX 77446-0519