The John B. Coleman Library is pleased to announce that Faxing Services are now available for students. Self-service scanning is available in the Periodicals Department on the photocopier. You will be able to scan in color and send the image to your email account. You also may print a black and white copy. Faxing service is provided by Library Staff at the Circulation Desk. Both Reference and Circulation are conveniently located on the 1st Floor of the Library. Inquire about faxing services at the Circulation Desk, which is to the left of the 1st floor corridor. Please be prepared to show a current PVAMU – ID – Typing & Faxing.
Document Scanning: Scan or email documents, or pages from books, to your email account.
- Break a large number of originals into separate scan jobs so your files are not too large to open.
- Check your email before you leave the building to see if the scan is there. Lost scans are NOT recoverable!
- The Library is not responsible for the quality of scanned images or errors due to equipment malfunction.
- The library is not responsible for lost or misplaced items (documents, flash drives, etc.) left behind. Please remember to take all personal belongings with you when you leave.
- Please inquire at the Periodicals Desk for additional assistance.
FAX Service Faxing service is provided by the Circulation Department Staff at the Circulation Desk, on the 1st floor of the Library for students with current PVAMU-ID cards.
Documents may be faxed to a “local” or Metro-Houston “toll-free” area-code at “no charge”
- Faxing beyond local destinations (long distance) within the continental U.S.A. will be limited to 3-pages “without a charge” including the Cover Sheet. All above 3-pages (4+) will be charged at $1.00 (one dollar) per page.
- Faxing service is NOT available to “international” locations.
- Faxing Request Forms and Cover Sheets are available at the Circulation Desk; or “click” here for the forms.
- Rush requests “cannot” be accommodated at this location.
- Faxes will be sent by full-time library staff, and will “not” take priority over other Circulation or Reserve Desk services. Faxes will be sent between 11:00 – 11:30 am and 4:00 – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- The library is not responsible for errors in faxing due to poor image quality, problems on the receiving end, incorrect fax numbers, etc.
- Number of scanned documents must not exceed “15 pages”
- Number of patrons allowed in the “scanning room” on “one-signature” is limited to “one user” at a time
- Please inquire at the Circulation Desk for further information.
- A typewriter is still available in Room 126-D. Sign in at the Reference Desk.
- The typewriter is Electronic.
- Correction fluid is provided. Paper is NOT provided.
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies, scanned images or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, a library is authorized to allow photocopying, scanning or other reproduction on the premises. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy, scanned image or other reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a photocopy, scan image or other reproductions for purposes in excess of “Fair Use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to prohibit or restrict copying if, in its judgment, copying would involve violation of copyright law.
- The Photocopier will now allow scanning in color to your email account. You only can print black and white copies.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.