United States Government Information
The John B. Coleman Library serves as a partial Federal Document Depository and holds close to 2,500 government documents, with electronic access to many titles.
Click here to search the Library online catalog.
Here are some links that should help answer any questions you may have about the voting process, as well as links that will help you become a more educated and informed voter.
http://www.rockthevote.com/– Information for young voters.
information on voting related questions – contact:
County Clerk -Debbie Hollan
836 Austin St., Rm. 217
Hempstead, TX. 77445
(979) 826-7643 FAX: (979) 826-7645
http://www.politifact.com/ – Pulitzer Prize-winning website “examine[s] statements by members of Congress, state legislators, governors, mayors, the president, cabinet secretaries, lobbyists, people who testify before Congress and anyone else who speaks up in American politics.”
http://votesmart.org/ – “ Vote-smart is a non-partisan, nonprofit educational organization funded exclusively through individual contributions and philanthropic foundations.” It contains information on public statements, special interest groups, legislative committees, as well as contact information about dozens of political parties.
http://www.factcheck.org/ – A project organized by UPenn’s Annenberg Public Policy Center to research and compare “the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases.”
Current U.S. Politics
CBS | CNN | Washington Post
Key Government Links
• Agriculture – A
• Arts – NF
• Communication – CC
• Army – D
• Business – C, L
• Education – ED
• Juvenile Justice – J, JU
• Nursing – HE
UNITED STATES DOCUMENTS
- Constitution of the United States of America : Analysis and Interpretation
- USA.gov – the U.S. government’s official web portal
- Gov Engine.com (http://www.govengine.com/) – Comprehensive directory of Official Federal, State, and Local Government and Court links
- GPO Access (http://www.access.gpo.gov/) – Free electronic access to information products produced by the Federal Government. IRS – http://www.irs.gov/ – Internal Revenue Service – Find Tax forms
- NTIS Database (http://www.ntis.gov/) – under NTIS Products and Services – search for information on over 750,000 government research products from 1990+
- Science.gov (http://www.science.gov/) – links for the sciences, from FirstGov
- THOMAS (http://thomas.loc.gov/) – Legislative Information on the Internet
CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS (Related sites)