Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.
If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU’s resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library. Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
Search the PVAMU Libraries online catalog for keyword terms, specific diseases or conditions, authors, or titles.
The following are examples of reference materials that may also help you begin your research:
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
REF RC 41 .G35 1999
- Gray’s anatomy : the anatomical basis of medicine and surgery
oversize QM23.2 .G73 1995
- Macmillan Health Encyclopedia
REF RA 776 .M174 1993
- Mosby’s Medical, Nursing & Allied Health Dictionary
REF R 121 .M89 1998
The World Wide Web has become an excellent health science resource, but it is often difficult to locate what you need. To begin your search, you might try some of the following websites
- Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education – http://www-medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/webpath.html
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy – http://www.merck.com/
- US Dept. of HHS, Food and Drug Administration - http://www.fda.gov/
- World Health Organization – http://www.who.int/en/
- National Institutes of Health – http://www.nih.gov/
- Doctor’s Guide to the Internet – http://www.docguide.com/dgc.nsf/ge/Unregistered.User.545434?OpenDocument
- Martindale’s Health Science Guide - http://www.martindalecenter.com/
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.