Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.
If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU’s resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library. Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
Material on African Studies can be found in several areas in the library. Search the PVAMU Libraries Online Catalog for ‘Africa,’ individual nations (e.g., Nigeria), ‘developing countries,’ and similar topics. Most of the books on Africa that can be checked out are located on the second floor in the DT section. You’ll find useful statistics and background information in these books located on the first floor in the Reference area:
- Encyclopedia of the Third World REF HC59.7K87 1992
- Egyptian art in the Egyptian Museum of Turin: paintings, sculpture, furniture, textiles, ceramics, papyri REF oversize N5350 .T8
- Current World Leaders Almanac READY REFERENCE (ask for help at the Reference Counter)
- World Almanac READY REFERENCE AY67.N5W7
- CNN Interactive: Africa – http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/
- US Dept. of State – http://www.state.gov/
- United Nations – http://www.un.org/