Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.
If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU’s resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library. Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
Use the Online Library Catalog to locate books in the library. Most of the books on civil engineering can be found in the TA areas. You’ll find background information in the following items, which are located in the Reference area on the first floor of the Library.
- Civil engineering handbook REF TA151 .C57 2003
- Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures REF TH851 .M56 2003
- Civil engineering formulas REF TA331 .H53 2002
- The Wiley dictionary of civil engineering and construction REF TA9 .W44 1997
- McGraw-Hill encyclopedia of engineering REF TA9 .M36 1993
- Elsevier’s dictionary of civil engineering : in four languages REF TA9 .G87 1991
- Civil engineering calculations reference guide REF TA332 .C58 1987
- Handbook of geology in civil engineering REF TA705 .L4 1983
The Internet is an excellent resource, but it is often difficult to locate what you need. To begin your search, you might try some of the following websites:
- American Society of Civil Engineers – http://www.asce.org/ (American Society of Civil Engineers maintains a Civil Engineering Database (CEDB) which provides easy bibliographic access to all ASCE publications. The database covers all the journals, conference proceedings, books, standards, manuals, magazines, and newspapers. Journal papers with abstracts go back to 1970. Non-abstract journal records go back to 1958. The book records are complete dating back to the early 1900s. The database is constantly expanded and enriched. Engineering subject areas include: Aerospace Engineering; Architectural Engineering; Bridges; Cold Regions; Computer Practices; Construction; Earthquake Engineering; Education; Engineering Mechanics; Environmental Engineering; Forensic Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Geomechanics; Highways; Hydrology; Hydraulics; Irrigation and Drainage; Management; Materials Engineering; Structural Engineering; Transportation; Urban Planning; Water Resources; Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering)
- American Society for Testing and Materials – http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/index.shtml?E+mystore
( American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM International is a voluntary standards develop organization, a source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services. Standards developed at ASTM are the work of over 30,000 ASTM members who represent producers, users, consumers, government and academia from over 100 countries. )
- Northern Light Search – http://www.northernlight.com/
Northern Light had been providing strategic research portals, business research content, and search technology to global enterprises in since we were founded in 1996
- Ultimate Civil Engineering Directory – http://www.tenlinks.com/engineering/civil/index.htm
(Ultimate Civil Engineering Directory is a subdirectory of Tenlinks. Tenlinks are directories of internet resources on technologies compiled and updated by technical professionals.)