Laptops for Check-Out
Circulating Laptop Policy – John B. Coleman Library
The Prairie View A & M University John B. Coleman Library provides laptop computers for in-library use to PVAMU students, faculty and staff. Laptops may be borrowed and used within the loaning library according to the guidelines outlined below. At present, we have circulating laptops available in the John B. Coleman Library only. The laptop computers are configured to connect to the campus network through the PVAMU wireless network.
Eligibility: Current PVAMU students, faculty and staff
Borrowing Procedures: Check out for use within the library from Circulation Information Desk 1st floor.
Loan Period: 4 hours loan on a first come, first served basis
Renewals: One renewal possible
Overdue Fines: $5.00 per hour
Lost fee for power cords: $50.00
Charges for lost, stolen and damaged laptops: Replacement cost of the computer plus a processing fee ($1,400.00) or cost of repair.
Laptop Borrower Responsibilities:
- Provide a valid PVAMU ID.
- Do not remove the laptop from the Library. Laptops are for in-Library use only.
Note:All laptops must be returned no later than 15 minutes before closing.
- Laptop borrowers are responsible for: Full replacement cost if the laptop computer or any peripherals charged out to them is lost, or
Full repair cost charged to the Library’s selected repair service if the computer or any peripherals are damaged. If a computer is not returned, replacement charges will be assessed.
- Laptop borrowers should neverleave the laptop computer unattended while it is checked out to them.
- All files should be stored on a flash drive or other medium prior to the return of the computer to the library. The library assumes no responsibility for files stored on the hard disk or the recovery of files accidentally left in the hard disk after the computer has been returned.
- Only one laptop will be checked out per person.