What is a Conference?
A conference is an informal conversation about writing. We will explore ways to improve a student’s overall writing skills. Since we do not proofread or edit for students, consultants will instead teach proofreading and editing techniques. The goal: make a better writer for the long term.
What does the Writing Center do?
- Help with invention techniques such as brainstorming and freewriting.
- Help students understand an assignment and instructor’s expectations.
- Provide constructive feedback on student writing.
- Offer guidance with organization.
- Help develop better research and documentation skills; avoid plagiarism.
- Offer encouragement and support.
What we don’t do?
- We won’t do a student’s work.
- We won’t offer opinions about or suggest a grade on an essay you bring in for discussion.
- We won’t proofread or edit.
- We won’t take responsibility for any stage of a student’s work.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.