LANGUAGES & COMMUNICATION SCHOLARSHIPS
PRAIRIE VIEW A&M UNIVERSITY
Two scholarships in the amount of $1000 each are available for 2013-2014. You must be a declared Communication major, either Mass Communication or Communication Studies, to be eligible.
One scholarship in the amount of $1000 is available for 2013 for either a declared Communication major OR an English major.
In other words, we will award either two COMM majors and one ENGL major or three COMM majors, depending on the most outstanding applicants.
All three scholarships are open to all levels, from incoming freshman to senior, and we especially encourage out-of-state students to apply, since a $1000 award from your academic department can qualify you to pay much lower in-state tuition rates!
- Completed 2013-2014 University General Scholarship Application (click for link to PDF)
- Copy of your unofficial University transcript or high school transcript if you are an incoming freshman
- A well-written letter to the LCOM Scholarship Committee explaining your academic achievements, your extracurricular activities, and your financial need
- Overall GPA (minimum 3.0 to be considered)
- GPA in your major (the higher the better)
- Campus activities / community involvement
- Financial need
- Quality of your letter / promise shown for a future Communication professional
Deadline for All Scholarship Applications:
All documents must be submitted to Ms. Marianna Sviland in Hilliard Hall, Room 214, by March 1, 2013.
If you are mailing your application, please send it to the following address and make sure it is postmarked by March 1:
Ms. Marianna Sviland
Department of Languages & Communication
P.O. Box 519 / MS 2220
Prairie View, TX 77446
Please include all requested materials! Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.