Wireless Network access for faculty staff and students on all PVAMU campuses is provided using Safe Connect. To maintain security, Safe Connect requires that computers connecting to the PVAMU wireless network are updated with the latest security patches and are running an up-to-date virus software.
Safe Connect policy key software will start automatically the first time that you connect to the Internet. Please select all of the defaults for installation and login with your PantherNetID username and password. After the policy key is installed, the login web page will automatically display when you are connecting to a network using Safe Connect. Re-authentication will be required when reconnecting to the network after you log-off, restart, or disconnect your computer from the network. If you have been using Clean Access, you may uninstall it after the transition is complete.
You will no longer have to manually register your mobile devises (cell phone, iPad etc.), Safe Connect policy key software will start automatically the first time that you connect to the Internet. Please select PVmobilenet from the list of Networks, enter the PVAMU wireless password and login with your PantherNetID username and password. If you don’t know the password call the ITS Computer Service Center at 936-261 9330.
- verify your PantherNetID username and password
- check to see if Windows is set to automatically download system updates
- check to see if a virus software is installed
- check to see if the latest patches for your virus software are installed and up to date
- provide you with instructions to update your computer if necessary
SafeConnect Will Not
- Safe Connect will NOT scan for viruses on your computer. It simply makes sure you have software installed that can scan for viruses
- Safe Connect will NOT access files on your computer or network share
- Safe Connect will NOT track your internet, email, or any other computer activity
- Safe Connect will NOT give anyone the ability to “watch” the activities on your computer
- SafeConnect Installation Guide for Windows Users
- SafeConnect Installation Guide for MAC Users
- Students – Installing McAfee Antivirus and Spyware
- Safe Connect Guest Wireless Installation
- Faculty & Staff – Installing McAfee Antivirus
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.