Lab Rules & Guidelines
Computer Lab Rules & Guidelines
All computers in the Student computer labs are university property and due to the large number of students that use the computer lab the following rules should be followed to ensure a quality experience for all.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab.
- Loud talking or disruptive behavior is prohibited.
- Listening to music, videos, or other multimedia content must be done through headphones.
- Use of Cell Phones that can disrupt the quiet environment of the lab such as those with loud ringers or using the speakerphone is prohibited.
- SCC lab staff is not responsible for personal belongings.
- All computer users are required to log-on and log-off the computer.
- Downloading and/or installing software programs are prohibited.
- Any information saved on the lab computers is immediately erased with a re-boot or the next user log-on.
- All computer users should print to the default HP 9050 printers 1 or 2.
- Printers are only available for academic applications associated with school work.
- SCC lab staff is not responsible for information stored on your personal storage media such as a Flash Drive.
- Any problem within the computer lab should be reported to the Lab Monitor on duty or to the Helpdesk at Extension 2525.
- PVAMU Computer Lab Policy: Children or Unauthorized Visitors in the Computer Lab