Office 365 – How to access via mobile device
Once your mailbox has been migrated you’ll need to make some minor adjustments to your email account on both the iPhone and Android mobile devices.
- On your iPhone go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts.
- Under Accounts click on where your PVAMU was previously.
- Under Exchange and Account, click on your email address.
- You will then see the menu below.
- Your email address should be the same.
- Server should now say outlook.office365.com
- Back out whatever is in the Domain field.
- Add @pvamu.edu to the end of your username. This will make it look like your email address.
- Select Done and you should get checkmarks on each field.
- Close out of settings.
- .Open your email.
- If you are using the native Gmail client, open it. Go to Settings.
- Under Settings click on where your PVAMU was previously.
- Scroll down to Server settings and select Incoming settings.
- You will then see the menu below:
- Ensure Domain\Username is only your complete email address
- Server should show:outlook.office365.com if it does not, change it.
- Port should be 443 and Security type should remain: SSL/TLS
- Select Done and your email should synchronize after a possible Password Prompt.
- Open your email.
Note: The Android has many different OS versions that are also slightly different depending on your cellphone provider. The configuration shown above is for Oreo (8.1) from AT&T. It should be similar back to Nougat (7.0). If these directions do not work, you will need to contact your particular cell provider for more accurate instructions