Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC)
- Provide guidance, direction and vision for Information Technology at PVAMU University.
- Align PVAMU Information Technology goals to PVAMU goals.
- Develop 3 year Information Technology strategic plan for PVAMU.
- Collect IT needs/projects across campus and assess needs/project priority.
- Maximize the value of IT investment while identifying and migrating IT-related risks.
- Prepare and annually update a long-range Information Technology Strategic Plan and priorities regarding the overall technology environment at PVAMU University.
- Review and recommend best practices for both on- and off-campus user constituencies.
- Review and recommend standards for faculty/student teaching and research computing, mediated classroom design, and technologies for administrative computing and the library.
- Provide IT environment that enriches and enhances teaching, learning, and research.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing policies, procedures and architectures in meeting the needs of the University community. Recommend new policies, procedures and architectures as deemed appropriate.
- Review trends in both computing and communication technologies as they impact the University's long-term emerging technology needs.
- Disseminate information to users throughout the PVAMU community regarding major technology initiatives and priorities. Improve mechanism for communication, reporting, and performance measures.
Anitra Addison, Auxiliary Services
Executive Director of Auxiliary Services
Carl Taylor, Title III
Manager of Network Telecommunications
Carman Carter, Graduate School
Cathy Smock, University Compliance
Special Assistant to President for Compliance
Charlene Stubblefield, Center for Instructional Innovation and Technology Services
Information Security Officer
Dean Williamson, Institutional Research
Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research
Demitris Cambric, Academic Affairs
Executive Director for Academic Technologies
Forest Smith, College of Nursing
College of Nursing Senior Specialist Laboratory
Ivory Jenkins, Student Affairs
Program Coordinator II
Kay Peavy, Procurement & Disbursement Services
Executive Director for Procurement and Disbursement Services
Noel Estwick, CARC
Pankaj Chhetri, School of Architecture
Information Technology Professional I
Chief Information Office
Suxia Cui, Electrical Engineering
Meetings Frequency: Monthly – 4th Monday of every month
Meeting location: Harrington Science Building, Rm 310 & WebEx
Agenda Setting: Any university student, faculty, & staff can add an item (related to Information Technology) on IT Governance Committee agenda by sending an email to ITGC Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting any of the IT Governance Committee members
Academic Affairs Technology Committee Members
Office of Academic Engagement and Student Success
Languages and Communications
College of Engineering
John B. Coleman Library
Office of Research and Graduate Studies
Social Work, Behavioral and Political Science
College of Business
Center for Instructional Innovation and Technology Services
Office of Recruitment and Marketing
College of Nursing
School of Architecture
College of Agriculture and Human Sciences
College of Arts & Sciences