News and Updates
- No updates at this time.
Laserfiche is the Document Management System that the university is currently using. Documents are stored electronically by scanning them into a repository and they can then be later retrieved and viewed depending upon the access level that you have been granted. The reason for imaging the documents is that it prevents loss of records, saves storage space, allows easy management of documents and makes finding the information easier.
There are three main roles inside the system and which one that you have will be determined on the departmental level. The roles are Scanning, View Only and Records Manager.
- Scan Group - This group will be responsible for scanning documents into folders located within the system.
- View Group - This group will only have view access to folders and documents as determined by each department.
- Records Manager - This will be an individual appointed by their department to handle the moving, deletion, creation of folders and maintenance of all the departments documents.
Information on how to login to Laserfiche.
- Your username will be your PVAMU login and you must include the @pvamu.edu (John Doe would be email@example.com).
- Your password is going to be the same as the one that you use to logon to your computer.
Please read before login
This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this computer system without authority, or in excess of their authority, are subjected to having all of their activities on this system monitored and recorded by system personnel. In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this system or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of authorized users may also be monitored. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.