***Due to Memorial Day Holiday on May 26, 2014–Summer 2014 Orientation will be held on May 27, 2014 at 8:30 A.M.****
- Summer 2014 – May 27, 2014 at 8:30 A.M. – Harrington Science Building, Room 105
- Fall 2014 – August 18, 2014 at 8:30 A.M. – Harrington Science Building, Room 105
This session is an overview of immigration documents and Homeland Security rules and regulations for maintaining legal F-1 student status while in the United States.
This session is mandatory for all new international students – including transfer students. Failure to attend this session will delay your registration. Do not confuse this session with any other scheduled university orientations.
Bring your immigration documents with you to this session (Passports, Form I-20, I-94 document or any other document(s) that pertain to your immigration status).
All international students attending Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) are required to have medical insurance. The Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) has mandated that all system schools use the same health care policy in order to comply with the Affordable Care Act. The mandatory insurance provider for international students is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. Prairie View A&M University international students will be required to apply for coverage through the University. Proof of medical insurance coverage will be required prior to registration. Please visit PVAMU’s insurance website, Academic Health Plans for more information: Academic Health Plans
Insurance premiums are as follows:
- Summer 2014: $320.00
- Fall 2014: $750.00 – Continuing International Students
- Fall 2014: $812.50 – New International Students – New enrollees
- Spring 2015 (includes Summer 2015): $813.00 – Continuing International Students
- Spring 2015 (includes Summer 2015): $875.50 – New International Students – New enrollees
- Summer 2015: $438.00
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.