All international students attending Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) are required to have medical insurance. The Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) has mandated that all system schools use the same health care policy in order to comply with the Affordable Care Act. The mandatory insurance provider for international students is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. Prairie View A&M University international students will be required to apply for coverage through the University. Proof of medical insurance coverage will be required prior to registration. Please visit PVAMU’s insurance website, Academic Health Plans for more information: Academic Health Plans Insurance premiums are as follows:
- Summer 2014: $320.00
- Fall 2014: $750.00 – Continuing International Students
- Fall 2014: $812.50 – New International Students – New enrollees
- Spring 2015 (includes Summer 2015): $813.00 – Continuing International Students
- Spring 2015 (includes Summer 2015): $875.50 – New International Students – New enrollees
- Summer 2015: $438.00
- Go to the BlueCross Blue Shield of Texas website: www.bcbstx.com
- Understanding Your Benefits – Click: Take a Look
- Register for Blue Access for Members – Click: Register Now
- Sign Up for Blue Access for Members (BAM) – You will need the following information
- Group Number: 117564
- Member ID – If you do not have this number please contact your international advisor.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.