- The employee submits a letter of resignation to their immediate supervisor.
- The supervisor provides the employee with a letter accepting the notification of resignation within two (2) business days.
- The employee meets with their immediate supervisor to discuss their last day within the department.
- The employee completes the top portion of the Employee Clearance Form and returns the form to the Office of Human Resources along with a copy of their resignation letter.
- The employee will contact the Office of Human Resources five (5) days prior to their last day, to schedule an exit interview.
- On the employee’s last day, he/she will turn in all keys, uniforms and any other items that belong to the University, to their department.
- On the scheduled exit interview date, the employee will come to the Office of Human Resources, located in Harrington Science, Room 109 to complete the exiting process.
- In the exit interview, the employee will complete the following items:
- Exit interview questionnaire
- W-2 forwarding mailing address
- Clearance Form and choosing an option for remaining vacation leave
- Teachers Retirement Withdrawal Form
- Cobra information
- The employee will be given a copy of the completed Clearance Form with an estimated date of when a letter will be sent to their department regarding Lump Sum Vacation Payment.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.