The PV PAWS (Position Attribute Website System) was implemented to take the place of the old way of submitting countless pieces of paper when a department or college needed to advertise and fill a vacant position. The system provides users with the ability to:
- Update a position description
- Reclassify a position
- Fill a vacant position
The system achieves this by capturing and retaining information on the job descriptions and stores it in a repository for future use when so needed. The system will route the completed document electronically with an email notification being sent to each user when an action needs to be taken on the document.
Gaining Access to PV PAWS
Access to the PV PAWS system is dependent upon each department having an Account Profile & Electronic Routing Form on file in the Fiscal Office. The individuals that are given access are the names that are entered in the section “Electronic Payroll Action”. This section will determine who are either:
- Managers/Department Heads
- Area Pre-Approvers
- Vice Presidents
Steps to gain Access
- Complete the Account Profile & Electronic Routing Form, and submit for approval by the various signatures listed on the form.
- Completed form should be submitted to the Office of Fiscal Affairs
- The Office of Fiscal Affairs will send a copy to the Office of Human Resources.
- The users requesting access will be notified by email with instructions on how to set up an account.
The system as various “User Types” with different levels of access to the system. It is recommended that each department designate a creator and a backup creator.
|Managers/Department Heads||Reviews information|
|Area Pre-Approver||Reviews information|
|Vice President||Reviews/Edits information|
|Office of Sponsored Programs||Reviews information|
|Budget Officer||Reviews information|
The system offers several steps that you can take depending upon the needs of the department.
|New Position & Fill|
|Update Position and Fill|
|Reclassify/Change Position Salary|
|Reclassify/Change Position Salary & Fill|
|Request to Fill|
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.