All temporary positions (including Summer Camps) must be posted for a minimum of five working days before a hire can be selected to fill the temporary vacancy. Details related to posting temporary positions are available here.
To hire summer employees for designated summer programs at the University, the following steps must be completed:
1) Successful candidate completed an online application via the PV PATH Online Application System and should have applied for the temporary positions and met the minimum qualifications for the position being hired into.
- Applicants’ statuses should have been changed by the hiring department to reflect the applicants interviewed, not hired and recommended for hire.
2) For summer hires that are 17 years of age or younger, a Minor’s Employment Release Form should be completed and signed by parent or legal guardian.
3) Department should have submitted a completed Confidential Release Form prior to the hiring deadline date to initiate a criminal background check. An employee may not begin working until the background check has been cleared by the Office of Human Resources. The confidential release form contains personal sensitive information; and therefore, may not be emailed or attached to the Electronic Payroll Action (EPA). The form must be delivered in person. Please do not fax information for Summer Camp hires.
- A current online application for the summer hire must be completed in the PV PATH System at the time the Confidential Release form is submitted to the Office of Human Resources. The Confidential Release form will not be processed without a completed online application.
- Existing PVAMU employees are also required to clear a background check and must be approved to work with a camp or summer enrichment program.
4) The following documents should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources as one complete package five working days prior to the effective hire date:
- Signed and dated application for employment for the position applied to
- Completed Confidential Release form
- Minor’s Release form, if applicable
5) Written offer of temporary employment should be extended to the summer hire. Please use the HR offer templates “Summer Camp” only. Offer Letter Templates.
- Written offer of employment must be signed by the hiring department’s respective Vice President before being extended to the prospective employee.
6) The prospective employee should return the accepted/declined written offer of employment to the hiring department. Copy of the accepted offer of employment must be attached to the EPA.
7) The online Faculty/Staff Email Account Request form for the prospective employee should be completed and submitted online to the Office of Human Resources five (5) working days prior.
8) EPA should be routed so that it is approved by the Office of Human Resources five (5) working days prior to the employee start date. Approval of the EPA is contingent upon the successful completion of the above listed items 1-7.
- An EWR should be completed for summer hires that will hold Non-Exempt positions. An EBR should be completed for summer hires that will hold Exempt positions. The Temporary PIN field on the EBR will need to be indicated as “YES”. To determine whether a position is Exempt or Non-Exempt please reference Appendix D of the University Compensation Plan at: http://www.pvamu.edu/files/human_resources/docs/Appendix%20D.pdf.
9) All new employees are required to attend New Employee Orientation. Departments will be notified by the Office of Human Resources via email regarding the date, time and location of New Employee Orientation that the summer hire has been approved to attend.
10) Summer program/camp hires should be informed to bring identification for their I-9 Form to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.