To hire new tenure-track faculty, the following steps must be completed prior to the prospective faculty start date
- Successful candidate should have completed an online application via the PV PATH Online Application System and should have met the minimum qualifications for the position being hired into.
- Department should have submitted all completed interview and evaluation matrices to the University’s Office of Equal Opportunity in accordance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Hiring Process Checklist and hire should have been approved by the Office of Equal Opportunity.
- Department should have submitted a completed Confidential Release Form to initiate a criminal background check on the prospective faculty hire. An employee may begin working as long as the Confidential Release form has been received in HR for processing. Should the incumbent fail to clear the criminal background check, the hiring department will be asked to terminate the employee based on the offer of employment being contingent on the clearance of the criminal background check. The confidential release form contains personal sensitive information. Form cannot be emailed or attached to the Electronic Payroll Action (EPA). The form may be delivered in person or faxed to the Office of Human Resources at Ext. 1734.
- Any time there is a break in employment, a new background check is required on the prospective employee.
- Letter of offer should have been extended to the prospective faculty hire in accordance with offer template provided by the Office of Human Resources. All written offers of employment must be routed to the appropriate Vice President’s office using standard routing process.
- The prospective faculty hire should have returned the accepted/declined written offer of employment to the hiring department.
- The completed Faculty/Staff Email Account Request Form for the prospective employee should have been submitted to the Office of Human Resources upon successful written offer of employment being accepted.
- Hiring Proposal should have been received by the Office of Human Resources, five (5) working days prior to the employee start date. Approval of the EPA is contingent upon the prior completion of the above listed items 1-7.
- EPA should have been routed so that it is received by the Office of Human Resources three (3) working days prior to the employee start date. The accepted Offer Letter and Memorandum of Appointment should be attached to the EPA to ensure timely approval.
- New Employees are required to attend New Employee Orientation. Department will be notified by the Office of Human Resources that the new employee has been approved to attend New Employee Orientation. Please note that a prospective hire will not be approved to attend New Employee Orientation until the EPA has been approved by the Office of Human Resources.
- The open hiring period will begin a week prior to the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer) not to exceed 30 calendar days.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.