All adjunct and non-tenure positions must be posted on for a minimum of five working days before a hire can be selected to fill the position. Details related to posting adjunct and non-tenure faculty positions are available at:http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/7366.asp.
The steps below should not be completed unless an action has been routed in PV PAWS. To hire non- tenure track or adjunct faculty, the following steps must be completed prior to the prospective faculty start date:
- Successful candidate completed an online application via the PV PATH Online Application System and should have applied for the adjunct faculty position and met the minimum qualifications for the position being hired into.
- Applicant statuses should have been changed by the hiring department to reflect the applicants interviewed, not hired and recommended for hire.
- Work reference checks should have been conducted, documented and maintained as part of the selection file for the temporary position. Work reference checks must date back through the period of time for which the prospective hire has acquired the minimum work experience required to perform in the position he/she is being considered for. An offer of employment may not be extended until the work reference checks have been completed.
- Department should have submitted a completed Confidential Release Form to initiate a criminal background check on the prospective faculty hire. An employee may begin working as long as the Confidential Release form has been received in HR for processing. Should the incumbent fail to clear the criminal background check, the hiring department will be asked to terminate the employee based on the offer of employment being contingent on the clearance of the criminal background check. The Confidential Release Form contains personally sensitive information. The confidential release form contains personal sensitive information. Form cannot be emailed or attached to the Electronic Payroll Action (EPA). The form may be delivered in person or faxed to the Office of Human Resources at Ext. 1734.
- Anytime there is a break in employment, a new background check is required on the prospective employee.
- A background check is required at the beginning of each academic year for returning Adjunct Faculty.
- Written offer of employment should have been extended to candidate in accordance with Offer Template provided by the Office of Human Resources. All written offers of employment must be routed to the appropriate Vice President’s office using standard routing process.
- The completed Faculty/Staff Email Account Request Form for the prospective employee should have been submitted to the Office of Human Resources upon successful written offer of employment being accepted. Form should have been submitted along with signed, accepted letter of offer.
- EPA should have been routed so that it is received by the Office of Human Resources three (3) working days prior to the employee start date. Approval of the EPA is contingent upon the prior completion of the above listed hiring steps 1 -6. The Offer Letter and Memorandum of Appointment should be attached to the EPA to ensure timely approval.
- New Employees are required to attend New Employee Orientation. Department will be notified by the Office of Human Resources that new employee has been approved to attend New Employee Orientation.
- The open hiring period will begin a week prior to the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer) not to exceed 30 calendar days.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.