Once the director or manager over an ADLOC has specified a departmental leave coordinator, the University Leave Administrator can set up the departmental leave administrators after the departmental Leave Coordinator completes training and the Leave Coordinators Statement of Responsibility
What are the primary duties of a leave administrator within LeaveTraq?
- Review all leave documents. Leave documents needing review will be listed on the pending documents tab under LeaveTraq. Insure that the employee’s use of leave is within TAMUS Policy.
- Resolve questions with employees about accruals and extended absences.
- Insure that balances are correct and all documents are completed before an employee transfers or terminates.
- Resetting Passwords – Unlocking accounts
- Proving employees and students with UIN #’s
- Check the status of documents “In progress”, Rejected Documents and those documents needing managerial approval
- Send Reminders to employees with incomplete documents
- Forward supporting documentation to the Office of Human Resources for employee’s leave documents, such as doctor excuses, jury summons, and payroll adjustments.
- Ensure employees submit leave documents when absent from work
- Keep a record of compensatory time earned and used by all employees
- Verify dates of leave documents for accuracy
Accruals can be adjusted by Leave Administrator only. If an employee states they have not been given their accruals for the month the Leave Coordinator will email the Leave Administrator so that a manual accrual can be added. What if an employee cannot create and submit a leave document? The departments Leave Coordinator will complete the paper leave document for the employee and submit to the Office of Human Resources Leave Administrator.
Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.