- Employee must submit leave documents in advance for planned vacation leave.
- All leave documents must be submitted by employee through the Leave Traq System.
- Employee must ensure their leave has been approved prior to the date of their expected leave date. The employee can ensure his/her leave document has been approved by logging into the Leave Traq System to review the routing of the leave document.
- If the manager chooses to reject the document because it would impose a hardship on the department to allow the employee to take off, then the employee can change the dates on the rejected document or cancel the leave.
- Employee must submit leave document in advance if it is a planned doctor’s appointment.
- If the employee is out on unexpected sick leave, he/she must submit his/her leave document on the day of the leave and inform his/her immediate supervisor. If the employee is unable to submit their leave document, he/she must submit it on the first day back at work.
- If the employee is out on Medical Leave for more than 3 days, then the employee must supply the department with a doctor’s excuse from their physician, stating the days absent and the date he/she will be allowed to report to work.
- If the employee is out on extended Medical Leave, then the employee must submit a Medical Certification Form, completed by the employee’s physician. The employee must ensure that this form along with the leave documents are submitted on a monthly basis. In addition, a monthly doctor’s excuse should be submitted if the employee is out for more than a month, to the Employee Benefits Associate in the Office of Human Resources.
- If the employee exhausts all of his/her leave balances, then he/she may decide to opt for the Sick Leave Pool.
- Employees out on extended Medical Leave for themselves or an immediate family member, can apply for time from the sick leave pool if they meet the following qualifications:
- Catastrophic illness or injury
- Exhausted all available leave
- Missed 160 hours of work
- Employee must submit the appropriate paperwork to be considered from the sick leave pool. All paperwork must be received prior to exhausting all available leave. The following forms will need to be completed in their entirety. (Sick Leave Policy).
- Once all paperwork is submitted the employee will receive a response from the Office of Human Resources within five business days of submission of all completed documents.
- If the employee is approved for the sick leave pool, the leave time will be granted on a monthly basis in the leave traq system. The employee is responsible for submitting their leave in the leave traq system weekly.
- If the employee is unable to return to work on the day specified on the Medical Certification Form, then the employee will be responsible for submitting another Medical Certification Form, completed by their physician.
- The process of being approved for additional time from the sick leave pool will begin all over.
- If the employee is released to return to work on the date as specified on the Medical Certification Form, then the employee will inform the Office of Human Resources that they have returned back to work.
- If there was any unused sick leave pool balance that the employee did not use then the time will be returned to the sick leave pool bank.
- Should an employee exhaust all of their available leave and needs to be placed in a leave without pay status for less than a month, the employee will submit their documents in the leave traq system.
- The manager/department will complete a Payroll Adjustment Form and the employee will need to sign the document.
- Should an employee need to be placed in a leave without pay status for disciplinary purposes, the employee will receive a letter from the manager stating the purpose and the duration.
- Once the employee is given a letter, they should submit their documents in the leave traq system as leave without pay for disciplinary reasons.
- The manager/department will complete a Payroll Adjustment Form and the employee will need to sign.
- If an employee is in a leave without pay status for a month or longer, the department will complete an EPA document to reflect the same information.
- The employee will need to submit their documents in the leave traq system to reflect the same information.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.