- The employee submits a letter of resignation to their immediate supervisor.
- The supervisor provides the employee with a letter accepting the notification of resignation within two (2) business days.
- The employee meets with their immediate supervisor to discuss their last day within the department.
- The employee completes the top portion of the Employee Clearance Form and returns the form to the Office of Human Resources along with a copy of their resignation letter.
- The employee will contact the Office of Human Resources five (5) days prior to their last day, to schedule an exit interview.
- On the employee’s last day, he/she will turn in all keys, uniforms and any other items that belong to the University, to their department.
- On the scheduled exit interview date, the employee will come to the Office of Human Resources, located in Harrington Science, Room 109 to complete the exiting process.
- In the exit interview, the employee will complete the following items:
- Exit interview questionnaire
- W-2 forwarding mailing address
- Clearance Form and choosing an option for remaining vacation leave
- Teachers Retirement Withdrawal Form
- Cobra information
- The employee will be given a copy of the completed Clearance Form with an estimated date of when a letter will be sent to their department regarding Lump Sum Vacation Payment.
Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.