Pay Above Maximum

Any recommendation for an incumbent’s base pay to exceed the maximum of the pay grade must be approved (in advance) by the appropriate vice president, the Director of Human Resources or designee, and the VP for Business Affairs. See Merit Payments for related information.

Longevity and Hazardous Duty Pay

Each regular full-time nonacademic employee who has worked for the state for two years will receive an additional payment each month to recognize their service. Commissioned peace officers will receive extra pay after one year of hazardous service. Employees who teach a course and still hold a full-time nonacademic position may continue to receive longevity pay. See TAMU System Regulation 31.01.04 for further details.

Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.

Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.

For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.

Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.