Please follow the procedure given for posting temporary staff and adjunct faculty positions. In addition, these procedures include the posting of positions for summer camps.
- A single PDAQ template will need to be created for each classification title for the temporary positions to be filled.
- If a temporary PDAQ does not exist for the classification title desired, then one will need to be created using the PV PAWS action of “New Position and Fill (Staff)” or “New Position and Fill (Faculty)” then routed for the necessary approvals.
- If a PDAQ template exists for the positions to be filled, then the action of “Update Position and Fill (Staff)” or “Update Position and Fill (Faculty)” may be used.
- The PIN will need to be indicated as TEMP.
- On the “Budget Information Page”, the number of temporary positions for the classification title selected to be filled and the total salaries amount to be encumbered for the positions should be indicated.
- Once the PDAQ template has been received at the “Final HR Review” status, a single job posting will be created by the Office of Human Resources for each temporary classification title to be filled .
- For example, if a department is trying to hire 4 temporary Professional Advisors then one job posting will be created and 4 applicants will be selected to fill the four temporary vacancies against the same one job posting.
- All temporary staff and adjunct faculty positions must be advertised for a minimum of five working days.
- Temporary staff and adjunct faculty positions may not be left as open until filled, they must have a definite job closing date.
Applicants Applying to Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty Positions
- Applicants interested in temporary positions or summer camps will need to apply to the available job posting(s) online via the PV PATH Online Application System at: jobs.pvamu.edu.
- Applicants will be required to apply for each job posting of interest.
- Applicants applying for temporary positions are required to submit a complete application and meet the minimum qualifications for the position applied to in order to be fully considered.
- Standard applicant documents required when applying are as follows:
- Staff Employment Application – Please note the Employment History page (Page 4 of 4) of the staff application must be filled out to be considered complete for Staff positions.
- Resume and list of three references with contact information
- Faculty Employment Application – Please note that the faculty application does not require any educational background or employment history to be entered.
- Cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of three professional references with contact information.
- Official transcripts will be required by the Office of Academic Affairs upon hire of the selected applicants.
Reviewing of Applications/Interviewing Applicants for Temporary Staff and Adjunct Faculty Positions by the Hiring Department
- Qualified applicants for temporary staff and adjunct faculty positions will be available for immediate review by the hiring department via the PV PAWS system. Please note formal review of applications may not begin until the job closing date for the position has expired.
- Selection and Search Committees are not required for temporary staff and adjunct faculty positions. However, hiring managers/supervisors are required to maintain the proper methodology by which the finalists were selected. This should include applicant interview questions, notes and matrices.
- Work reference checks must be included with the applicant review notes/matrices kept for each temporary staff or adjunct faculty hired.
- This documentation will not have to be submitted to the Office of Equal Opportunity. However, the documentation must be maintained with the hiring department for a period of 2 fiscal years. This documentation is subject to compliance review by multiple auditing agencies internal and external to PVAMU.
- Qualified applicants must be interviewed prior to selection and hiring.
NOTE: Hiring departments are responsible for ensuring that the applicants in the available pool reviewed do meet the minimum qualifications for the position being hired into. The Office of Human Resources does not conduct any screening on applicants received for temporary staff and adjunct/non-tenure faculty positions.
Selection of Applicants to Fill Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty Job Posting Vacancies
- When ready to fill the temporary or adjunct faculty positions, hiring departments will be required to go in to the PV PAWS system and change applicant statuses to reflect the applicants interviewed and recommended for hire.
- The number of applicants selected to fill the temporary staff or adjunct faculty positions for the job posting may not exceed the number of positions indicated on the Budget Information page of the PDAQ template.
- Once the applicants selected have been placed at the status of “Recommend for Hire”, the department may proceed with the hiring steps listed in the Manager Toolkits
- Hiring Proposals are not required for Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty positions.
Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.