Longevity / Prior State Service

Longevity Pay

Longevity pay is the pay that each regular full-time non-academic employee of the System is entitled to receive at a rate of $20 per month for each two years of service to the state of Texas effective September 1, 2005, up to and including 42 years of service.

State Service

State service, also referred to as service or lifetime service credit, is the credit received for the period in which an employee:

  • Serves as a full-time, part-time or temporary state employee or otherwise serves as an employee of the state.
  • Serves as a member of the legislature.
  • Holds a statewide office that is normally filled by the vote of the people.
  • Serves as an academic employee of a state institution of higher education.

Procedures & forms relevant to state service are available through the links given below:

Requesting Prior State Service

All employees wanting Prior Service Verification must complete the  Prior Service Verification Form. Once the form is complete, the employee will submit to the Office of Human Resources Central leave Coordinator. The Central Leave Coordinator will forward the information to the proper state agencies. Once all information has been provided from other state agencies, The Central Leave Coordinator will provide a letter to the Office of Payroll as well as the employee will also receive a copy of the letter verifying state service. If any BRP money is due or back pay for longevity, this will be stated in the letter.

Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.

Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.

For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.

Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.