State Travel Management Program
- Travel from state funded accounts must be in compliance with the State Travel Management Program by using the contracts for travel services awarded by TPASS (Texas Procurement and Support Services). Users of locally funded accounts are encouraged, but not required to use contracted services.
- Contracted rental car companies for March 31, 2004 through November 30, 2010 include AVIS and Enterprise Rent-a-car companies.
- See the Texas State Travel Directory website: http://www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/stmp/ for a complete list of contract services, including JP Morgan Chase Corporate Card Services, airline fares and contract hotels.
iPhone Apps Help Travelers Navigate Healthcare Services Around the World
HTH Worldwide introduces New mPassport® Apps for iPhone and iPad
November 18, 2010 (Radnor, PA) — HTH Worldwide, a global health and safety services company, announced today that it has launched four more mPassport® iPhone applications for finding quality healthcare services in popular destinations for international business and leisure travelers. This series of apps, which now includes Athens, Moscow, Istanbul, and Dubai is the first to help travelers in need of medical services when they are abroad. Thirty mPassport apps are available in the iTunes App Store for downloading onto 140 million iPhones and iPod touches around the world.
With mPassport on your iPhone or iPad you can
- Use your smart phone or laptop to find a conveniently located, carefully-selected, English-speaking doctor or dentist and request an appointment
- Use mapping and GPS functionality to find the shortest route to convenient care
- Translate brand names for medications and key medical terms and phrases
- Understand health risks and access the right emergency services
These features led HR Executive Magazine to recognize the mPassport mobile web site as a Top Human Resource Product of the Year. Consumer reviews posted on the web describe the downloadable mPassport apps as “ a travel app every parent, brother or sister would want their family member to have on their iPhone or iPod touch while exploring the world,” and “This is the best way to find help when you need it. This can be invaluable when traveling and you don’t speak the language. Any serious traveler should have this application.”
“About half of all travelers who spend more than two weeks abroad get sick or injured, and we’re there to help them when they need assistance,” said Angelo Masciantonio, Chief Executive of HTH Worldwide. “Travelers typically do not prepare for illness or injury when traveling abroad and when they need healthcare, they often don’t know where to turn. Our mPassport apps make it simple to get quality care when it’s needed far away from home.”
You can find the latest apps in the iTunes App Store along with previously released apps for these destinations:
- Barcelona, Budapest, Dublin, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Rome, Vienna
- Cape Town, Nairobi
- Buenos Aires, Lima, Mexico City, Quito
- Bermuda, Nassau
- Bangkok, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Manila, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
Please visit mpassport.com where subscribers can also access these services on a worldwide basis.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.