1. Question: What is the current mileage rate?
    Answer: The mileage rate for Jan. 1 – Dec 31, 2014 is $0.56 cents per mile.
  2. Question: What is the maximum meal/lodging allowance on local accounts?
    Answer: On a local account the maximum meal/lodging allowance is up to $46 per day for meals and up to $125 per day for lodging both in the State of Texas and out-of-state. If hotel rate exceeds the $125 per day, then an In-State/Out-of-State Higher Lodging Request Form must be approved prior to the trip and included with the Travel Expense Report. Effective Oct 1, 2014 will allow reimbursements for meal up to GSA rates.
  3. Question: What is the maximum meal/lodging allowance on sponsored program accounts?
    Answer:  Will follow the GSA rate and will be limited to 150% of the applicable rate and if over the 150% rate will need a Request to Increase In-State/Out-of-State Higher Lodging Request Form.
  4. Question: What is the maximum meal/lodging allowance on state accounts?
    Answer: The state maximum meal/lodging allowance rates vary depending city of duty point for both in the State of Texas and out-of-state and can be found at the website: https://fmx.cpa.state.tx.us/fm/travel/out_of_state/index.php
  5. Question: What is the reimbursement turn-around time period?
    Answer: Travel Services will process a reimbursement via check or ACH within 5 business days after the submission of an error free Reimbursement Request.
  6. Question: How can I set-up for direct deposit?
    Answer: Direct deposit can be set-up through HR Connect website: https://sso.tamus.edu/ , click on Payroll Data tab, then scroll down to Direct Deposit Information (Payroll and Accounting Reimbursement), click the “Click to Edit” button, then scroll down to Accounting System Direct Deposit Information and select bullet for bank account information and click “Submit” button.
  7. Question: How is student travel done?
    Answer: All student travel is being funded through the Pro-Card. The chaperoning faculty/staff member is responsible for paying all student related travel charges on their Pro-Card. If the chaperone does not have a Pro-Card they are to contact Pro-Card Office for information on obtaining Pro Card.
  8. Question: Can employee travel expenses be paid with the Pro-Card?
    Answer: No, the Purchase Card state contract prohibits any employee travel expenses to be paid with the Pro-Card. Employees must pay out-of-pocket and then seek reimbursement via a travel voucher. Qualifying employees may apply for an individual travel card to help fund travel expenses.
  9. Question: Who are our current state rental car vendors?
    Answer: State Contractors for Rental Car services are AVIS and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Rate information can be found on website: http://www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/stmp
  10. Question: What travel agencies does the university usually use?
    Answer: Shorts Travel is the state contracted vendor for all airline purchases. Airline must be made online using the Concur Travel and Expense System. For issues with Shorts, please call 877-225-0239.
  11. Question: Where is the travel forms located?
    Answer: The forms can forms can be found at http://www.pvamu.edu/forms/travel-forms/ under Travel Forms.

Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.