Short Term Tuition & Fee Loans Requirements
Definition and Purpose: Short Term Tuition & Fee Loans at Prairie View A&M University were established to provide assistance to students who experience temporary financial difficulty in paying required tuition and fees. The maximum loan amount will be determined by Treasury Services.
These loans must be repaid within the prescribed payment period. It is not the intent of this program to supplement or replace any regular long-term aid or assistance offered by the Student Financial Aid Office. Short Term Tuition & Fee Loans are available only while school is in session.
- Currently enrolled at PVAMU with 3 hours or more
- 2.0 GPR or higher
- No past due short term loan balances
- Proof of Financial Resources to repay the loan
Normal processing time is one working day; however, during peak times, such as the beginning of the semester, it could be as long as three days. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application Process – The application must be typed or printed legibly and must be signed by the applicant. The student will present the completed and signed application to the Accounts Receivable Section of the Fiscal Office in W.R. Banks Building along with their student ID , driver’s license/state I.D., and proof of means as to how you will repay the loan (ex: award letter, last 2 check stubs, scholarship letter, etc..)
- Loan Request – Due to limited funds, Short Term Tuition & Fee Loans are disbursed on a first come, first-served basis.
- Repayment Period – The loan must be repaid within the prescribed payment period.
- Loan Decisions – Loan decisions will be made immediately at the Accounts Receivable section. Decisions will be based strictly on the applicant meeting all criteria established to qualify for the loan.
- Loan Application Fee – Loan Application fee of $100 will be charged to the student’s accounts upon acceptance of the loan.
If approved, the Short Term Tuition & Fee Loan will be applied to your student fee account automatically. A receipt and copy of your loan application and promissory note will be given to you directly or mailed to the address on the loan application. The Loan amount will be determined by Treasury Service. A student can have only one Short Term Tuition & Fee Loan per semester. If the loan is not paid in full by the due date, both transcripts and registration will be blocked until account is paid in full. Failure to repay loan will result in ineligibility to receive future short-term loans.