Exemptions and waivers are types of financial assistance that allow qualified Texas residents or eligible non-residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition or, in some cases, tuition and fees.
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships processes Exemptions and Waivers for the University. Click on the links below to see Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) descriptions for each exemption and waiver, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
- Adopted Students Formerly in Foster
- Blind/Deaf Student Exemption Program
- Children of Disabled or Deceased…
- Highest Ranking High School Graduate
- Students Under Conservatorship…
- Children of Professional Nursing Program
- Children of U.S. Military who MIA/POWs
- Hazlewood Exemption for Texas Veterans(Information)
- Hazelwood Exemption for Texas Veterans Application Packet (HE – V)
- Hazelwood Exemption for Texas Veterans Eligible Children and Spouse Application Packet (HE – D)
- Military: Orphans of Texas
- Senior Citizen, 65 or Older
- Academic Common Market
- Competitive Scholarship
- Good Neighbor
- Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants
- College Faculty and their Dependents
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.