Welcome to the new online General Scholarship application. This application process will allow all admitted students to review and apply to scholarship opportunities offered through the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. To access the online application, a student must utilize their Prairie View log-In credentials (same as PantherTracks) given at the time of admittance to the university. Students may access the application portal at any time to view their submitted application(s), upload supplemental documents, accept or decline an award, or to check the status of an application.
- 1 How to Access the Online Application
- 2 Standard Eligibility Requirements
- 3 Selection Process
- 4 Award Information
- 5 Award Notification
- 6 Application Deadlines
How to Access the Online Application
1. Click the “General Scholarship Application” button
2. Click the “Sign In” button
3. Enter your Prairie View identification credentials on the application homepage
4. Once logged in, click the “Opportunities” drop down menu
5. To view Scholarship Opportunities that you may qualify for, click the “Recommended” option under the “Opportunities” drop down menu. To view scholarships that have an external application process, click “External”
6. Once the “Recommended” opportunities have been selected, you will be able to view detailed information on the scholarship opportunities you may qualify for and submit your application by clicking the “Apply” button
7. Once you have clicked the “Apply” button, you will be able to view any supplemental questions or documents needed to complete the application process for that specific scholarship. Once you have answered the supplemental questions (if any) click the “Finish and Submit” button to submit your completed application for that scholarship
8. Once you have clicked the “Finish and Submit” button, you are finished applying to that specific scholarship
If a student wishes to apply for more than one scholarship offered through this application, the applicant must individually apply to each of the scholarship opportunities listed, submitting any requested documents.
Please note that in an effort to assist as many qualified applicants as possible, a student may only receive one of the general scholarships he/she applies to through this application portal.
Standard Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for a general scholarship offered through the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships, a student must:
Incoming Freshmen/Transfer Students
- Be successfully admitted to the university;
- Plan to enroll as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student for the upcoming aid year in which scholarship funding is being applied
- Have a minimum cumulative high school/transfer GPA of 2.75 for undergraduate and a 3.0 for graduate students;
- Plan to register for the Fall/Spring semesters in a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate and six (6) credit hours for graduate students or in a minimum of three (3) credit hours for one summer term.
- Plan to enroll as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student for the upcoming aid year in which scholarship funding is being applied;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and returning students are required to meet satisfactory academic progress standards to be considered for scholarship funding and;
- Plan to register as a full-time student for the Fall/Spring semesters in a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate and six (6) credit hours for graduate students or in a minimum of three (3) credit hours for one summer term.
*This application is for institutional scholarships only and does not apply to state or external scholarships*
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships will review all applications and consider the merit of the applicant’s academic achievement, recommendations, and financial need. All awards are made for the upcoming Fall and Spring semesters collectively through this application process. All students are encouraged to seek alternative scholarship opportunities through their department as well as through outside resources. A majority of the scholarships offered through the Office of Student Financial and Scholarships require that the student be eligible to receive federal student aid and demonstrate a financial need, however, all students are encouraged to apply.
All General Scholarships are awarded for one year only and are non-renewable. Students are encouraged to reapply annually for consideration. Individual scholarship awards may range from $500 – $3,000 based upon criteria detail and availability of funding.
Any student selected to receive a scholarship will be notified via their student e-mail account as well through the application portal, pending all (if any) financial aid requirements have been satisfied prior to the notification date.
*All current and future students are encouraged to submit the General Scholarship Application for consideration of scholarship funding regardless of financial status. Students should also complete any applicable departmental scholarship applications for consideration of additional funding to assist with educational expenses.
For additional information on departmental scholarships please visit the respective college’s webpage or contact the College/Department directly.
The General Scholarship application is made available annually during the Spring semester for consideration of scholarship funding for the ensuing academic year. Students may not apply for scholarship funding through the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships after the deadline has passed. Only students who have submitted the application will be considered for scholarship funding.
Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Semesters
February 1st thru March 15th
Summer 2017 Sessions*
February 15th thru April 1st
up to 6 credit hours of tuition and fees (in-state charges only)
Must be a U.S Citizen
For additional assistance please contact the Scholarship Office at 936-261-1000 (prompt 1) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.