The full-time faculty of each college elects their senators via secret ballot within the college. At the end of each Senate session, the members of the Senate elect the officers to serve on the Executive Committee during the next session. Below are updates on recent elections
- 2014-2015 Executive Committee Elections: In its May meeting, the Senate elected officers to serve on the Executive Committee throughout the 2014-2015 session. The full list of Executive Committee officers can be viewed here.
- 2014-2015 General Senate Elections: Prior to the Senate’s May meeting, several colleges held elections to fill open Senate seats. Below is a summary of the results, and the full list of senators can be viewed on the Senators page.
- College of Agriculture & Human Sciences: Gbenga Ojumu (Agriculture, Nutrition, and Human Ecology) was reelected to a second term.
- College of Arts & Sciences: Jeffrey Freeman (Music & Theater), A. Jan Taylor (Music & Theater), and Ronald Goodwin (Division of Social Work, Behavioral, & Political Science) were each elected to a first term.
- College of Business: Emmanuel Opara (Accounting, Finance, & MIS) was reelected to a second term, and Sanzid Haq (Accounting, Finance, & MIS) was elected to a first term.
- College of Education: Clarissa Booker (Curriculum & Instruction) was reelected to a second term.
- College of Engineering: Jorge Gabitto (Chemical Engineering), Lin Li (Computer Science), Sheena Reeves (Chemical Engineering), and Yongpeng Zhang (Engineering Technology) were each elected to a first term.
- College of Juvenile Justice & Psychology: Aisha Asby (Psychology) was elected to a first term.
- College of Nursing: Pamela Cormier was reelected to a second term, and Douglass Wakhu was elected to a first term.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.