As an effort to continuously improve the academic standard and quality of our graduates, we assess the performance of our continuing students as per the “General Criteria 3: Student Outcomes” of Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of of ABET, http://www.abet.org, as excerpted below:
B. For baccalaureate degree programs, these student outcomes must include, but are not limited to, the following learned capabilities:
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a team member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to the quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
The above eleven outcomes are usually referred as a-k outcomes.
This Electrical Engineering Technology (ELET) program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org .