A student is admitted directly into a major only if all admission criteria are met.
First-time Freshmen – Engineering and Computer Science Majors
First-time freshmen will be evaluated on the basis of the following admission criteria that are applicable for the student:
- Students must meet the Prairie View A&M University admissions requirements.
- Students must present a SAT score of 930 (based on combined verbal and math scores only) or higher or a composite ACT score of 19 or higher.
- Must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must be in the top 25 percent of their graduating class.
- Students must have successfully passed or must be exempt from the THEA exam in all areas.
THEA requirements have no influence on the admission to the University; however students must satisfy this criterion to be admitted to the College of Engineering. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the student’s major status being changed.
As noted, students who meet these criteria will be admitted directly into a major. Those students that do not meet the criteria will need to have their records reviewed by their academic department and be considered on individual merits for conditional admission.