The Civil Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from the Civil Engineering program will:
- have careers in Civil Engineering or related fields that lead to increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- obtain professional licensure/certifications;
- complete graduate studies in Civil Engineering or related fields;
- engage in professional development and service.
The Civil Engineering (CE) program adopted the ABET Criterion 3 (1-7) Outcomes as its Student Outcomes.
The Civil Engineering Student Outcomes (SOs) are:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.