The Civil Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from the Civil Engineering program will:
- have careers in Civil Engineering or related fields that lead to increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- obtain professional licensure/certifications;
- complete graduate studies in Civil Engineering or related fields;
- engage in professional development and service.
The Civil Engineering (CE) program adopted the ABET Criterion 3 (a-k) Outcomes as its Student Outcomes.
The Civil Engineering Student Outcomes (SOs) are:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.