Recurring Classroom Training Programs:
CPR/First Aid/AED Contact Mr Daron White (x1746) or Ms Ester A Chalmers (x1743) to reserve a slot in the class and request more details. EHS can also provide to groups when requested to expedite training for certain areas.
Defensive Driver/Travel Safety/golf cart Training (required prior to operating State vehicles and every 24 months when transporting students). Call Mr. Daron White (x1746) to reserve a seat.
Introduction To Laboratory Safety Required for all state and student employees working in any PVAMU laboratory. Contact Ms Ester A. Chalmers (x1743) for additional information or reserve a spot in the class.
Other Training Options / Many can be done Online
- Forklift Safety
- Hazard Communication (required annually for anyone using hazardous materials)
- Blood Borne Pathogen (required annually for health care, custodial and certain maintenance workers)
- Hearing Conservation
- Farm Equipment Safety (required for all farm workers)
- Initial Hazardous Waste Accumulation
- Confined Space Entry
- Housekeeping Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Student Housing Fire Survival, “Get Out & Stay Alive”
- Fire Extinguisher
- Back Injury Prevention
Training Videos Available for your section safety meetings:
- “Food Safety is No Mystery” Training program for Food Service Workers, 34 min
- “Ready to Respond” Produced by University of Maryland, 1999, 12:25 min
- “Get Out and Stay Alive” 16:08 minutes
- “Controlling Your Risks, HIV in the Research Laboratory” Produced by Howard Hughes
Medical Institute, 1994, 30 minutes
- “Maxiforce Air Bags: use, Care maintenance” 30 minutes
- “Understanding the Asbestos Hazardous” 9 minutes
- “Hazardous Material Awareness” Part II, US DOE Transportation of Radioactive
& Other Hazardous Material, 1989, 21:55 min
- “Charlie’s Last Day” Fire Safety on Campus, produced by Clemson University
- “What Do We Have Here?” Underground Storage Tanks
- “Buckle Up America 99 Mobilization” 12:05 minutes
- “Aerial Apparatus Driving Techniques Program #1”, 1991, 15:16 min
- “Operating Telescoping & Articulating Aerial Equipment: 1992, 19:08 minutes
- “Positioning Aerial Apparatus” 1993, 17:15 minutes
- “Maintenance & Inspection of Aerial Apparatus”, 1991, 16:11 minutes
- “Centrifugation Hazards”, Produced by Howard Hughes Medical Inst, 9 minutes
- “Hazard Communications, Understanding Labels & MSDS” 16:41
*Check back often since we are always adding to our Inventory*
Environmental Virtual Campus
The Environmental Virtual Campus (EVC), conceived by MIT and the EPA, helps colleges and universities understand how they can achieve compliance through a unique, interactive Web site that demonstrates environmental regulatory requirements for a typical research university.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.