Whenever a Prairie View A&M University building experiences a power failure, do the following:
- Turn off all electrical equipment that is not connected to a surge protector, such as computers and printers, to protect equipment from electrical surges when the power is restored
- Report a major power failure or interruption to power on campus
- Call (936) 261-9703 during Normal Hours
- Call (936) 261-3880 – After Hours Only
- Do not use elevators immediately after a power failure because electrical outages are still possible
- Contact the University Department of Public Safety (DPS) immediately if you know about or see: (4911 or 936-857-4911)
- Persons stuck in elevators
- Smoke coming from electrical or mechanical rooms
- In the event of a prolonged power failure, your supervisor will direct employees in what to do, such as leaving the building or going to an assigned assembly area.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.