Flooding is possible in the Prairie View area. The following tips will help you respond to flooding conditions.
- Listen to local TV or radio stations KPVU 91.3 FM for the most current information.
- Do not drive onto flooded streets. The water depth and the road conditions are unknown
- Stay away from areas where power poles or lines are down.
- Know what streams, drainage channels and creeks are prone to flood in your immediate area and on your commute to work or classes.
Floods can take several hours or days to develop. Know the meaning of warnings issued to the public.
- A Flood WATCH means a flood is possible in the area.
- A Flood WARNING means a flood is occurring or will occur soon in the area
- Flash floods can take only a few minutes or a few hours to develop. Know the meaning of warnings issued to the public.
- A Flash Flood WATCH means flash flooding is possible in the area.
- A Flash Flood WARNING means a flash flood is occurring or will occur very soon.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.