In subject areas where a University Administrative Procedure has not been established then this Safety Manual will be the enforceable policy for the University.
Table of Contents of the Safety Manual
- Cover Page and printable Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – INTRODUCTION
- Chapter 2 – HUMAN FACTORS
- Chapter 3 – PHYSICAL HAZARDS
- Chapter 4 – MANUAL MATERIAL HANDLING AND LIFTING TECHNIQUES
- Chapter 5 -HOUSEKEEPING
- Chapter 6 – FIRE PROTECTION AND PREVENTION
- Chapter 7 – WALKING SURFACES, GUARDING FLOOR & WALL OPENINGS, FIXED INDUSTRIAL STAIRS, AND PORTABLE & FIXED LADDERS
- Chapter 8 – ELECTRICAL SAFETY
- Chapter 9 – JEWELRY
- Chapter 10 – OFFICE SAFETY
- Chapter 11 – ADVERSE WEATHER
- Chapter 12 – HAND TOOL AND PORTABLE POWER TOOLS
- Chapter 13 — FALL PROTECTION
- Chapter 14 — PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Chapter 15 — GROUNDS, LAWN CARE AND MOWING SAFETY
- Chapter 16 — VEHICLE MOUNTED ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS, MANUALLY PROPELLED AND SELF-PROPELLED MOBILE WORK PLATFORMS, AND ROLLING (MOBILE) SCAFFOLDS (TOWERS)
- Chapter 17— reserved
- Chapter 18 — MACHINERY
- Chapter 19 — EMERGENCY SHOWER AND EYEWASH UNITS
- Chapter 20 — SAFETY COLOR CODING, LABELING, AND MARKING
- FOR PIPING SYSTEMS
- Chapter 21 — HAZARDOUS ENERGY CONTROL (LOCKOUT AND TAGOUT)
- Chapter 22 — FLAMMABLES AND COMBUSTIBLES
- Chapter 23 – CHEMICAL SAFETY
- Chapter 24 – BIOSAFETY
If at anytime you find a subject matter not addressed in this manual and believe it should be included please feel free to contact the EHS Department at (936) 261-1745 to discuss subject matter.
Anytime this manual conflicts with an enforceable code (NFPA, EPA, OSHA, TCEQ, TDI, etc the code will be followed and the EHS Department will be notified.
As a final note there may be things covered in this Safety Manual that are not used by the University. Theses precautions are there in place in case the situation arises due to a project or rental situation so we do not need to creat a policy before hand.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.