The Ph.D. Program in Educational Leadership Applications deadline for admission is May 1st of each year. All materials must be received by this deadline for consideration.
There are two phases to the Ph. D. in Educational Leadership Program application process. The first phase pertains to materials required for admission to the Graduate School. The second phase includes materials required for admission to the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling.
Part I – Graduate School Application
The first part of the application process includes the following items:
- The Texas Common Application for admission. After we have downloaded your application, you will receive an email notifying you of receipt of the application. We will contact you again once all materials have been submitted, received, and processed.
- An official transcript from each college or university the applicant has attended, including evidence of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution, should be submitted. The transcripts must bear the official seal of the college or university. The transcripts can be mailed or personally delivered to The Graduate School. Also, all transcripts must be placed in a sealed envelope by the institution (unopened i.e. never opened).
- Official results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The score must be on file in the Graduate School prior to the evaluation of your application file. A TOEFL score is required for international students from countries where English is not the first language.
- An application fee of $50 is required.
Part II – Departmental Application
The second component of the application process is the submission of materials required by the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling. The department requirements consist of the following:
- A completed departmental application for the Ph. D. in Educational Leadership Program. Please Click here to download the departmental application.
- An original essay of approximately 500 – 1000 words that describes your background and professional goals including your rationale for pursuing a doctoral degree.
- A current resume or vita should be submitted.
- Three letters of reference/reference forms must be submitted in sealed envelopes with the reference signature written on the outside across the seal. The applicant bears the responsibility of distributing/collecting reference forms and letters as well as sending them to the Graduate School as part of the application packet.
Click here to download the reference form.
Please submit all admissions materials to:
The Graduate School
Prairie View A& M University
P.O. Box 519
Prairie View, TX 77446
Please pay special attention to the following information.
The Ph.D. Program in Educational Leadership Applications deadline for admission is May 1st of each year.
All materials must be received by this deadline for consideration.
In order to be considered for admission,both the Graduate School and departmental applications must be received on or before May 1st to be considered for admission to the fall cycle. The admission cycle for the Ph. D. in Educational Leadership occurs once per calendar year, i.e. the fall semester of each year.
When your file is complete and your eligibility in meeting the requirements has been determined, you may be contacted for: (a) participation in an interview with departmental faculty, (b) submission of a professional portfolio, and (c) completion of a writing sample.
Detailed information regarding the application process and other questions about the program can be found at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. Questions regarding the program should be submitted to our Contact Us – Request for Feedback
Thank you for your interest in our program!
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.