Admission to the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling is a two-step process. The first step is to get admitted to the Graduate School and the second step is admission to the department. The process for admission to the Graduate School is outlined below.
- Submit a graduate application for admission (www.applytexas.org)
- A $50 non-refundable application processing fee must be received on or before the published application deadline. A $65 non-refundable application processing fee will be required to process all applications received after the published deadlines.
The admissions application processing fee may be paid by accessing Panthers marketplace.
- Original transcripts, submitted to the Graduate School for all academic work taken at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report, submitted to the Graduate School. (Graduate provisional status will be granted to all students that do not have official scores at the time of application).
- Three professional letters of recommendation from persons sufficiently acquainted with the applicant’s ability and his or her potential to successfully complete a master’s degree program.
- GPA that is 2.45 or higher.
Graduate School Support Staff
- Mrs. Dana Kumar (Counseling) Administrative Assistant Graduate School Wilhelmina F. Delco Bldg., Ste. 120 (936) 261-2131 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Lisa R. Marshall (Educational Administration) Data Entry Graduate School Wilhelmina F. Delco Bldg., Ste. 120 (936) 261-3513 email@example.com
- Ms. Vita A. Yancy (Ph.D.) Data Entry Wilhelmina F. Delco Bldg., Ste.120 (936) 261-3503 firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate School Mailing Address:
Prairie View A&M University Graduate School
Wilhelmina F. Delco Building, Suite 120
P. O. Box 519; MS 2800
Prairie View, Texas 77446-2800
(In order for an applicant to be considered, complete information about the criteria below must be submitted directly to the department.)
- Applicants for Admission to Educational Administration and Counseling should follow the link to complete the Departmental Admissions application.
- Applications for the doctorate in Educational Leadership should comply with the directions provided Admission criteria for the PhD Program in Educational Leadership.
When is the deadline for applying to the program?
In order to be considered for admission, both the graduate and departmental applications must be submitted by the deadline provided by the program which is typically mid-way during the spring semester. For the exact date, please visit application deadlines.
Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling Wilhelmina F. Delco Bldg., Room 209 P.O. Box 519; MS 2420 Prairie View, Texas 77446 Ph: (936) 261-3530 FAX: 936-261-3617 Email: email@example.com
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.