Obiomon, Pamela H.
|Pamela Holland Obiomon, Ph.D.,
Interim Department Head
FPGA-Based Smart Sensors: The focus of this research is the development of Field Gate Programmable Array (FPGA) based smart sensors systems which require high speed processes, open architecture control systems, as well as reconfigurability. The FPGA-based platforms can be used in a wide range of architectures and applications. The systems are easily re-configured. Software functions are implemented by configurable logic resulting in fast speed and minimized power consumption. Current research involves the development of an FPGA-based CZT Nuclear Radiation Detector funded by the Department of Defense. In addition collaborative research projects are being conducted with the various departments including: 1) the Civil Engineering Department, “An Intelligent Bridge Health Monitoring System”, 2) the Agriculture Department, “ A Smart Temperature Control Sensor for Food Safety” and 3) the Chemical Engineering/Biology Department, “ Smart Sensors for Detecting Biological Properties” . All research is being conducted in the FPGA Synthesis Lab
Intraocular Pressure Sensors for Detecting Glaucoma: This research involves the development of readout circuitry for capacitive sensors used for implantable devices for Glaucoma detection and prevention.
Integrated Microsystem for Environmental Sensing Powered by Energy Scavenging: Collaborative research with the NSF Engineering Research Center (ERC) for Wireless Integrated Microsystems (WIMs) at the University of Michigan. The focus of the research is on ultra-low-power devices and circuits for sensor readout in microsystems and the development of miniature, low-cost integrated Microsystems capable of gathering information from their environment, interpret the data received and communicate with a host system over a bi-directional wireless link.
- Emmanuel S. Kolawole, Warsame H. Ali, Penrose Cofie, John Fuller, C. Tolliver, Pamela Obiomon, Design and Implementation of Low-Pass, High-Pass and Band-Pass Finite Impulse Response (FIR) Filters Using FPGA, Circuits and Systems, Scientific Research Publishing, Feb. 2015
- Sarhan M. Musa, Mahamadou Tembely, Matthew N. O. Sadiku, and Pamela H. Obiomon, Modeling and Simulation of Queuing Scheduling Disciplines on Packet Delivery for Next Generation Internet Streaming Applications, International Journal of Computer and Information Technology (ISSN: 2279 – 0764) Volume 03 – Issue 02, March 2014.
- Sarhan M. Musa, Matthew N. O. Sadiku and Pamela H. Obiomon, Integrated Circuit Interconnect Lines on Lossy Silicon Substrate with Finite Element Method, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, ISSN : 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 1( Version 5), January 2014, pp.17-21.
- Obiomon, P., Frizell, S., Holland, A., The Importance of Incorporating Industry Experience in the Classroom, IEEE Potentials Magazine, July/August 2010, Vol. 29, No. 4, July/August 2010.
- Pamela Holland Obiomon, Adrienne Holland Wowo, Shirley Holland-Hunt, Virginia Cook Tickles, Advancement of Women of Color in STEM Disciplines: Understanding the Barriers and Cultivating Solutions, Network: A Journal of Faculty Development, Spring 2008.
- Pamela Holland Obiomon, Felecia M. Nave, Sherri S. Frizell, Suxia Cui, Betti Poindexter-Blackshear, Judy Perkins, Female Faculty Mentoring: A Case Study of the Experiences of Female Faculty in the College of Engineering at Prairie View A&M University, Network: A Journal of Faculty Development, Spring 2008.
- Obiomon, P., Sadiku, M., Diversity in the Workplace, Journal: IEEE Potentials , Vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 5-6, 2007
- Obiomon, P., Holland, A., Holland-Hunt, S. Tickles, V., The Impact of Globalism on the Millennial Student, Network: A Journal of Faculty Development, Spring 2007.
- Obiomon, P., Royal A., McWhinney, V, Intelligent FPGA- Based Sensors for Food Distribution and Transportation Applications, International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering, to be submitted.
- Obiomon, P., Fuller, John, Cofie, Penrose, The Development of a Low Cost Nuclear Radiation Detector with LabView, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science to be submitted.
- Olasupo, K. Tolliver, C., Obiomon, P, The Electrical Characterization of Temperature Dependence of MOSFET Threshold Voltage to be submitted.
- Olasupo, K. Tolliver, C., Obiomon, P, Temperature Dependence of MOSFET Threshold Voltage, to be submitted. Impact of Channel Doping Density on Nanoscale MOSFET Devices, to be submitted.
- Obiomon, P., Layout Guidelines to Minimize Latchup in CMOS Circuits using Guard Rings, NASA Office of Logic Design, Proceedings of Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices International Conference 2006.
- Obiomon, P., Latchup Triggering Mechanisms, NASA Office of Logic Design, Proceedings of Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices International Conference,Washington, D.C., September 26-28, 2006.
- Obiomon, P. Radiation Effects on Non-Volatile Memories, NASA Office of Logic Design, Proceedings of Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices International Conference, Washington, D.C., September 26-28, 2006.
- Obiomon, P., McQuiller, D., Godoy, X., Dixon, J., Perry, P., Singletary,C., Tradeoffs between Oscillators and Integrators in Low-Power Readout Circuitry, Proceedings of the ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, 2006.
- Obiomon, P., DeAundre Ray, Shirnette Hunter, and Felicia Lindor, A to D Converters used in Microsystems, Proceedings of the ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, 2006.
- Obiomon, P., Holland, A., Holland, J., Holland-Hunt, S., The Importance of Incorporating Industry Experience in the Classroom, Proceedings of the ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, 2006.
- Obiomon, P., Strategies for Facilitating and Improving the Retention of Students At-Risk, Proceedings of the ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, 2006.
- Obiomon, P. Strategies for Facilitating and Improving the Retention of Students At Risk , Proceedings of the 2006 ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference Southern University and A&M College.
- Obiomon, P., Holland, Alfred and Fuller, John, The Impact of Globalism on the Millennial Student, Faculty Resource Network National Symposium: “The Millenial Student”, Sacred Heart University and the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, San Juan, Puerto Rico, November 17-18, 2006.
Conference/Symposium /Workshop Presentations
- Obiomon, P., “Rapid Prototyping with FPGAs”, High School Teacher Counselor Workshop, Prairie View A&M University, July 2014
- Obiomon, P. “Tutorial for Simple Design of Helmet Sensor using the Nexys 2 FPGA Board”, High School Teacher Counselor Workshop, Prairie View A&M University, July 2014
- Obiomon, P,. “FGPA Fundamentals”, MSIPPI UL-CARDA Consortium Workshop, Prairie View A&M University, June 2014
- Obiomon, P,. “FPGA Laboratory Applications”, MSIPPI UL-CARDA Consortium Workshop, June 2014
- Obiomon, P., “Membrane Vaccine Delivery and FPGA-Based Bacteria Detection and Monitoring System”, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA),Washington, DC, April, 2014,
- Obiomon, P., “PhD Personals: From Decision to Destiny”, TAMUS 10th Annual Symposium, Houston, Texas, Feb 13-14, 2014.
- Obiomon, P., Royal, A “Sensor for Food & Safety, Distribution”, 2013 LSAMP Symposium at Texas A&M University in College Station, February 2013.
- Obiomon, P., Newsome, A,”A Programmable Temperature Sensor with Food Safety Applications”, presentation, 2013 LSAMP Symposium at Texas A&M University in College Station, February 2013
- Obiomon, P., James, M,”An FPGA Bases Sensor with Food Safety”, 2013 LSAMP Symposium at Texas A&M University in College Station, February 2013
- Obiomon, P., Ballenger, D.,”An FPGA Based Sensor for Bridge Maintenance and Safety ”, 2013 LSAMP Symposium at Texas A&M University in College Station, February 2013
- Obiomon, P., Advance Paid Workshop Presentation: A Nuclear Radiation Nuclear Detector Using LabView 2011
- Obiomon, P., “Math Applications”, High School Science and Math Workshop, 2010
- Workshop for Pre-Service Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) Teachers, May 2013
- Obiomon, P., :What is an Electrical Engineer” Discovery Youth Foundation, Prairie View A&M University, Oct, 2014
- Obiomon, P., “From Graduate Student to Academia”, Roy g. Perry College of Engineering, Oct. 2014
- Obiomon,,P.. “Closing the Gap for Underrepresented Minorities in Higher Education”, Texas Alliance of Black School Educators, Feb 6, 2014
- Obiomon, P., “EE PhD Program at Prairie View A&M University, Texas A&M, Kingsville, Oct 2013
- Suxia Cui, Pamela Obiomon and Penrose Cofie School, Bridge Senior Design into Contemporary Issues, 2011 ASEE-GSW Annual Conference Program.
- Suxia Cui, John Fuller, Warsame H Ali, Pamela Holland Obiomon, Educate New Generation on Nuclear Technology through Collaborating Engineering Project, 2010 ASEE Northeast Section Conference
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), Owerri, Nigeria, College of Engineering
- AGEP- Energy and Sustainability – Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (Texas A&M University System (TAMUS))
- Committee Chair: FPGA-Based Sensor for Food Safety, Crystal Robionson, current
- Committee Chair: Capacitive Sensors for Detecting Intraocular Pressure, Ian Michelin
- Committee Chair: Wireless Sensing of Intraocular Pressure for the Treatment of Glaucoma, Shubha Kyatsandra , Graduated 2009
- Committee Member: A Continuous-time Sigma-Delta ADC with Tunable Pass-Band for Multi-Standard Applications, Olukayode, Afolabi
- Committee Member: Design and Implementation of Finite Impulse Response (FIR) Filter Using FPGA, Emmanuel Kolawole
- Committee Member: Drug Effect Evaluation Using Sensitivity Analysis, Sunday Ogedengbe
- Committee Member: Design and Development of a Decision Support System for Precision Agriculture, Dontrey Bourgeois, Graduated 2014
- Committee Member, Leakage Current Mechanisms in Nano Scale Mosfer, Sunday Ogenyi
- Committee Member: Modeling and Simulation of Speed Control of Switched Reluctiance Motor Using Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) and PID Controller, Alekhya Thalakanti
- Committee member: Capacitive Sensors Modeling of Obfuscation System for Smart Meter Data Privacy, Vasileios Galanas, Graduated 2013
- Committee member: PLC Lab Facility Set-Up, Mohammad S. Ayub, Graduated 2013 Improvement of a Programmable Logic Controller Scan Cycle for Industrial Automation, Bolarinwa Bamgboye , Graduated 2013
- Committee member: Performance Evaluation of Drive-Thru Internet Systems , Mahamadou Tembely , Graduated December, 2013
- Committee member: MOSFET Leakage Current Effect on Power Consumption using Nano-Scale MOS Capacitor , Nimotalahi Kareem, Graduated May 2013
- Committee member: Understanding the Impact of Channel Doping Density on Nanoscale MOS Transistors , Ricardo Dunkley, Graduated August, 2012
- Committee member: Dynamic Frequency Spectrum Allocation Using Genetic Algorithm , Puja Malla , Graduated May 2012
- Committee member: Block-based Video Compressive Sampling with Exploration of Local Sparsity , Akintunde Famodimu, Graduated 2010
Ph. D. Students
- Committee Member: Resource Efficient Distributed Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) Management (MMS), Golam Khan
- Committee Member: Highly Reliable Multi-Service Provisioning Using Prediction of Zone and PL&T of Nodes in Mobile Networks, Sharmista Khan
- Committee member: Total Ionizing Dose X-Ray Radiation Effects on Unfunctionalized and Functionalized MWCNT/PMMA Thin Film Composites, Shubra Kyatsandra, August 9, 2014
- Committee member: Detecting and Mitigating Security Attacks in a Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc, Calynna Sorrells, July 11, 2012
- Committee member: Enabling Scatterometry as an In-Line Measurement Technique for 32nm BEOL Application and Process Variability Analysis, Md Golam Faruk, August 2011
- Committee member: Radiation-Hard-by Design Using Active –Region-Cutout MOSFETS, Shuza Binzaid, August 2009
- Committee member: Wavelet Based Testing of Mixed Signal Devices, Emada Awada, August 2009