Eisenhower HS, 12/11/04
Eisenhower High School Physics and Mathematics Teacher Training
Saturday, 11th December 2004, 8:30 A.M. – 2 P.M.
|Making a Good Physics Teacher|
|World Year of Physics 2005|
|Pictures from the event|
|Movie clips from the event|
On Saturday, 11th December 2004, the Department of Physics, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU), conducted a half-day training session for eight teachers from Eisenhower High School (EHS) on enhancing physics instruction at EHS and the integration of mathematics with physics.
The event was very successful. The enthusiasm of the teachers was truly marvelous. The experience was mutually educational and beneficial.
We will be holding a one-day session during late January 2005 on more detailed training. We are anticipating having ten teachers and 10-20 students from EHS for a full day training on K’Nex sets and physics instruction with these sets.
Participating EHS teachers were:
- Jackie Nowlin, Head of Science Department, DC, SS, TAKS Grad Preparation, Biology
- Divina Browne, Mathematics (regular and Honors)
- Sara McLendon, Integrated Physics and Chemistry
- Saleen Mitchell, Integrated Physics and Chemistry
- Joe Nichols, Integrated Physics and Chemistry
- Elena Pascual, Integrated Physics and Chemistry
- Jane Tomsula, Physics & Integrated Physics and Chemistry
- Tommy Wallace, Mathematics
Participating PVAMU faculty and staff were:
- Brian Cudnik, Manager, Physics Laboratories
- Md. Golam Faruk, Graduate Student, Electrical Engineering
- Noah Rattler, Undergraduate Research Assistant, Physics
- Debra Calvin, Undergraduate Assistant, Communications
- A. Anil Kumar, Head, Physics & Professor, Electrical Engineering