IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc) is the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology containing more than 400,000 members worldwide. Through its global membership, IEEE is a leading authority on areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics among others. From continuing education courses and certifications, to conferences and competitions, you can learn more, create more, and achieve more of what matters in your life and career through IEEE membership. IEEE membership helps support the IEEE mission of promoting the engineering profession for the benefit of humanity and the profession.
The Prairie View A&M University branch of IEEE strives to promote the career opportunities available and to raise awareness of new developments in the field among electrical and computer engineering students by fostering interaction among students, faculty, employers and professional engineers. Within our chapter there are currently 70 chapter members of different majors including mechanical, electrical and computer engineering.
2013-2014 PV IEEE E-Board MembersBe sure to join IEEE@PV as a chapter member($6 full year) and as a national member. For more information about joining IEEE, email our membership relations team, Chiddima Amagwula and Ronald Coleman III at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact anyone of our Executive Board Members.
When you join IEEE as a national member ($32 full year or $16 half year) you will be entitled to a plethora of benefits.
Just a few benefits include:
- Spectrum, monthly magazine of IEEE (single copy costs $4; FREE with Member Subscription)
- All technical papers are freely accessible to IEEE members
- International Recognition as a member of most active technical organization (IEEE)
- Helps you do research, get recognition & publish your work to the whole world
- Get a personal alias email id eg. email@example.com
- Adds value to your resume
- Entry in various international events like IEEE Xtreme,etc
- Be a part of various groups and societies of IEEE
- Access to Digital library of IEEE, IEEE TV on internet and the Job site of IEEE
- Opportunity to represent the college in Quarterly Meetings,other meetings,etc
- For more membership benefits Click Here to access the National Membership Benefits page
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.