Goals of Operation XLR8
- Assist Royal High School in redesigning the instructional and learning environment for teaching and learning success, by integrating technology tools to improve the academic success of all RHS students;
- Improve all RHS students’ state assessment (TAKS) and ACT/SAT scores;
- Formulate a teacher preparation system that closely reflects the teaching conditions in tomorrow’s schools and the learning needs of tomorrow’s students; and
- Continue to support the professional development and career growth for in-service teachers.
- Facilitate professional growth and development activities for RHS teachers and offer graduate courses that may lead to master’s degrees in their areas of specialty;
- Enhance PVAMU educator preparation programs by providing meaningful field experiences at RHS;
- Align the core curricula between RHS and PVAMU;
- Redesign the curriculum in mathematics and science, and English/Language Arts and Social Science to establish a parallel curricular pattern;
- Infuse technology into all academic areas including electives;
- Provide dual-credit courses for RHS juniors and seniors;
- Redesign the instructional schedule based on student and parent input;
- Expand online courses for RHS students;
- Explore career courses in Arts and Humanities (AH), Business and Information Systems (BIS), Engineering and Technology (ET) and Health and Human Services (HHS); and
- Expand library services for students and faculty.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.