The mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is multifold:
1. To provide the highest level of quality education to students – to provide the student with the necessary educational skills and a fundamental comprehension of the societal demands, so that he/she may enter and grow in a professional career.
2. To sustain and continually augment an atmosphere conducive for research and scholarly development, not only to produce high quality research and the associated knowledge and technology transfer, but also to attract and retain highly qualified students and faculty into the program.
3. To provide the citizens of the state of Texas and the nation an effective outreach program in technology transfer and continuing education.
The primary goal of the Department is to prepare students for a successful professional career in the respective chosen discipline. The curriculum is structured to provide each student with a sound background in mathematics, physical sciences, computer sciences, engineering sciences and a thorough foundation for the analysis and design of electrical, electronic, and computer and digital systems.
The program educational objectives are:
1. To produce graduates for successful careers in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and other related fields.
2. To produce graduates who can secure employment within the State of Texas, the nation, and the world.
3. To produce graduates who engage in self-development activities through professional study and personal research that will allow them to adapt to evolving technological challenges.
4. To produce graduates who can successfully complete graduate degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other disciplines that they may choose.
Admission requirements can be found here.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.